Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Christmas Recap (Way Late...)

Christmas 2011 was full of lots of handmade gifts. I really do enjoy gift-giving and somehow it is even more satisfying when I can make them myself. I will say that going out and buying gifts would have been much easier and much more economical too. There were several times when I was working in my sewing room late at night and wondering why I had decided to take on all of these projects. In the end, it all worked out and I was happy with what I got done. So, here's what I made:

Messenger bag for my niece
Inside of the bag

Placemats for my mother-in-law


Tablerunner for my Dad and his wife (front)

Tablerunner (back)

Santa Mantle Runner
I made a total of eight stockings using two main designs and lots of different fabrics. I set out to make four for friends' kids and then ended up making eight because I miscalculated and had way too much fabric. It was a lot of fun, but I was kind of bored with it by the eighth one. 

Santa Stocking


Snowman Stocking
I cross-stitched these two stockings for my friend's boys last Christmas, but never got them finished. So, this year I actually finished them and gave them to her!






I also made a couple of tea towels for my mother-in-law's "game girls" friends and also for some of the friends of the family. 


Didn't get a picture of this one finished
The last thing I did was made these cute luggage tags for stocking stuffers. They were pretty easy to put together. I was finishing them around midnight the day before we left for our holiday vacation. 

Luggage Tag

I should be starting my projects for next Christmas now. I always promise myself that I'll start earlier next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment